Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
Thank you for visiting Kenwyn Accounting and IT Services Pte. Ltd.’s (“KAITS“) website.
We are wholly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our customers and users of the website. Our Privacy Statement is designed to inform you about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as the physical, technical and administrative safeguards we have put in place to protect your information.
Our privacy principles are guided by the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA“) which were enforced in Singapore to govern the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data by organisations in a manner that recognizes both the right of individuals to protect their data and the need of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
The PDPA has made a further distinction between Personal Data and Business Contact Information which specifies the scope of application of the Act itself.
Personal Data refers to data about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information that the organisation is likely to have access. On the other hand, Business Contact Information is defined as an individual’s name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business electronic mail address or business fax number and any other similar information about the individual, not provided by the individual solely for his personal purposes.
For the avoidance of doubt, the PDPA does not cover Business Contact Information.
What data does KAITSÂ collect and why?
KAITS will collect these information during your use of this website:
Business Contact Information KAITS requires information from you, such as name, email address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and credit card information in order for us to perform commercial transactions through the payment gateway from the services offered by the site and to fulfill your requests. While some of this information is voluntary, the compulsory fields are clearly identified whenever you are asked to supply information. KAITS may also collect Business Contact Information from you time to time on a voluntary basis.
Possible Uses of Business Contact Information:
- Identifying potential new customers and subscribers
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
- Conducting a credit check and sharing it with Third Parties to protect ourselves against fraud. We may at our discretion carry out a search with a Credit Reference Agency who will keep a record of our enquiry against your name. We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision-making system when assessing your application. Details of which Credit Reference Agency we have used are available on request
- Providing you with the service that you have requested
- Promotional and marketing emails with information about our products and services.
- Contact you via post, email or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to provide a service you have requested.
Possible Uses of Personal Data:
- Collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data will only be used for KAITS Credit Reports for the purpose of credit evaluation and risk management. You may be rest assured that the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data for the aforementioned purpose are exempted under the PDPA.